Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Year it was... 2008... :-)

I am not sure of 2009... but 2008 seem to be the year where I travelled a lot..:-)
After a management degree from a premier institute, I had to keep low profile for the first two years.... 2007 Dec 31st, I just wished, at 11.59 in the night, when the count down was made, How I wish I make 2008 a year of travelling around... :-) May be some times it works out.... I try to recollect what all happened with me in every month

January: I had a fantastic start to the new year with a visit to the BALAJI..:-) I paired up with my long time pal Ashish and we did Tirupathi, Kanipakkam. It was followed by trips to Visakhapatnam. Republic day was a long weekend and this time I paired up with my bestest pals, Srikanth, Chandu, Ramesh and we did Pune, Mahabaleshwar, Panchgani and my all time fav city Bombay. The month signed off in style.

February: I had my work permit in hand, and I was just waiting for some suitable date to begin my travel. I made quick trips to Vizag, and then to Bhimili along with Mom, Dad and chelli. Sister was supposed to fly to London, so it was a sort of get together for all of us.

March: The big month arrives. My first onsite assignment. March 14th, I was all set to fly to the German skies. I was quite lucky to have Srikanth who was also flying to New York on the same night. We could spend some good time at the airport. My flight departed an hour before his. March 15th, I land at Frankfurt. Awesome..... Germany greeted me with snowfalls... chillywinds..and some traffic etiquette which was awe inspiring..

April...May... The only quitest months of the year. I was working hard in office to proove I am indeed... he he forget it.. who cares !.

June: Nagesh came to germany for some training.. he was poking me enough to make a trip to Paris(FRANCE). Luckily Mohan ( Nagi's bro) joined us in the trip. 36 hrs in Paris and they still remain to be my most cherished trip ever. We were just covering everything in paris at such brisk pace, that we were always on toes... mastering the metro routes and the paris lanes..

July: This time Srini made a visit to germany for some customer visit. He motivated us enough to rent a car and travel to Austria. We did some awesome sight seeing in the Austrian Alps. 1250km in 2 days..:-) Beat that !!! we just covered everything that was approachable by road in the Alps.. Indeed I still recall the drive thru the clouds in the alps ..the lush green grasslands with the Jersey cows...

August: This time, Sreejit motivated me enough that we should meet. He was ready to come to germany... but I was not so kicked about going to Berlin.. infact I am not even today. So this time we decided it would be Netherlands. We both landed in Amsterdam.. he was coming from London. This time the trip was a relaxed one. 4 days... Amsterdam.. Brussels (Belgium).. We were so relaxed that we watched Dark Knight for the second time at a theatre in Amsterdam. Indeed a refreshing trip.

September: Business meetings kept me busy all through the month... till I was forced to travel to Spain on a business visit. It was a short trip for 2 days. I landed in Madrid.. roamed around the big wide roads with big ancient buildings. By now I have seen enough of Europe. Nothing enthused me. No more museum's please.... No more picture perfect roads... I am bored enough.

October: Wow.. the much awaited holiday in India. :-) I roamed every where I could in the 20 days. Met parents..friends... and yah ! the main highlight was meeting my soulmate in this trip. Divya came into my life.. :-) Ever since its a happy story.

November: Back to Germany. Was so tired, of europe.. no more travel please. I almost pledged. But what to do... it again followed.

December: This time the long Christmas vacation..we got set for the refreshing trip of GREECE. I was forced to spend time in Zurich (Swiss) and then close to 5 days in Greece. We toured everything in Athens, Hydra, Aegis, Porous ...Delphi.. name it..we must have done it. I was fed up by the 4 th day. I just declared to my friends that we have come for a holiday and lets relax and sip some beer on the beaches...:P

The year signed off....

2009 begins... and yah this begins with another trip to India... via Dubai... :D :D

I am not sure whats in store for this year. For me, I wish to do Italy, Swiss, Singapore, Australia, US. I am quite curious what this trailing economy offers me on the travel front. For all I know, I am also a happy person travelling in the city bus from Ameerpet to Infy office. :-) of course this if the economy helps me to retain the job... :-)

Thanks 2008. :-) I love you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is that all wjat u did at Amsterdam?

I thought u broke all the number records one can fantasize!